Seven Stages of Grief - Hillary and Donald

The primaries have resulted in strong leads for Donald Trump and Hillary Clinton. It isn't over till it's over but they are the likely nominees.

Both of them have numerous major flaws. I had hoped for better candidates.

This has caused me to go through the seven stages of Grief.

"The seven emotional stages of grief are usually understood to be shock or disbelief, denial, bargaining, guilt, anger, depression, and acceptance/hope."

I have moved through this to acceptance/hope.

How bad could either one be?  Most likely our Country will survive and thrive. It could be worse. Neither of them is a Nazi or a Communist.

So I am still hopeful.  And frequently saying the Serenity Prayer, which is a fine thing for a planner to do in any event.

God grant me the serenity
to accept the things I cannot change;
courage to change the things I can;
and wisdom to know the difference.
Serenity Prayer
Reinhold Niebuhr (1892-1971)


No comments:

Post a Comment

Free E-book "Readings in Urban Planning and Design"

Readings in Urban Planning and Design This manuscript expands upon, and compliments, chapters in the book “Planning Connections – Human, Nat...