The Importance of walking


Walking can add minutes to your life. 
This enables you at 85 years old
to spend an additional 5 months in a nursing home at $4,000 per month.



My grandfather started walking when he was 63. 

Now he's 97 years old

and we have no idea where he is.



I like long walks,

especially when they are taken

by people who annoy me.



The only reason I would take up walking

is so that I could hear heavy breathing again.



I have to walk early in the morning,

before my brain figures out what I'm doing...





I joined a health club last year,

spent about 250 bucks.

Haven't lost a pound.

Apparently you have to go there!



Every time I hear the dirty word 'exercise',

I wash my mouth out with chocolate.



I do have flabby thighs,

but fortunately my stomach covers them.



The advantage of exercising every day

is so when you die, they'll say,

'Well, he looks good doesn't he.'





If you are going to try cross-country skiing,

start with a small country.



I know I got a lot of exercise

the last few years,......

just getting over the hill.





We all get heavier as we get older,

because there's a lot more information in our heads.

That's my story and I'm sticking to it.



AND



Every time I start thinking too much about how I look,

I just find a pub with a Happy Hour

and by the time I leave,

I look just fine!




You could run this over to your friends

But just e-mail it to them!

It will save you the walk!

Submitted by Charlie Van Liere











One more thought on walking.



My mother once told us she was going to start walking a mile every day. I said "great by Thanksgiving you'll be in Omaha". She wasn't sure if I was kidding or not, and I did not tell her.



Tom Schildhouse







              God gave me a finite number of heartbeats 
              and I am not going to waste them on walking.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Free E-book "Readings in Urban Planning and Design"

Readings in Urban Planning and Design This manuscript expands upon, and compliments, chapters in the book “Planning Connections – Human, Nat...