Illinois Urban Forest Grants for
Technical Assistance and Emerald Ash Borer Restoration
Two new grant opportunities will be announced in the coming weeks. The Metropolitan Mayors Caucus in partnership with the Morton Arboretum is offering workshops for the Illinois Urban Forest Grants program. Visit the Metropolitan Mayors Caucus website for the full RFP after August 18th at www.mayorscaucus.org.
This grant program seeks to minimize future loss of tree canopy, replant trees, slow the spread of EAB and generally encourage sustainable urban forest management. Applicants must be located in Bureau County, Boone County, Champaign County, Ford County, Grundy County, Iroquois County, Kankakee County, LaSalle County, Lee County, Livingston County, Marshall County, Mclean County, Ogle County, Putnam County, Vermillion County, Winnebago County, or Woolford County.
Assistance will be available to assist communities applying for funds to purchase and plant trees under the Illinois Department of Natural Resources and the USDA Urban and Community Forestry Assistance Grant Program
Funds will be available to:
- Purchase and plant trees
- Purchase materials necessary to plant trees
- Conduct an inventory and prepare a management plan
- Maintenance agreement is required for 2 years
- Local match of 50% is expected (in-kind services or cash)
- Local EAB readiness or management plan is required before reimbursement
- Only replacement of ash trees is allowed and planting must equal removal (though not necessarily in the same time period.)
- All work must be satisfactorily completed before June 30, 2012 to be eligible for reimbursement.
Application deadline is September 30, 2011.
Grants awarded will be $5,000 at a minimum and will not exceed $20,000.
Two workshops are offered to assist in planning successful grants. Please rsvp to Eve Pytel at email@example.com.
August 24, 2011, Klehm Arboretum at 2715 South Main Street in Rockford, Illinois 61102 from 11:00 am - 1:30 pm
August 31st , 2011, Illinois Department of Natural Resources at one Natural Resources Way
Springfield, IL 62702 from 2:00 pm - 3:30 pm
September 14th, Webinar 10:00 am
Assistant Director, Clean Air Counts
Metropolitan Mayors Caucus
233 S. Wacker Drive, Suite 800
Chicago, IL 60606
We've moved to CMAP. Please note our new mailing address!